- Last updated:
- 18 Feb 2016
The Sunshine Coast plays host to around 30 major and regional events each year that generate approximately $50 million towards the local economy. In addition, event promoters and organisers spend approximately $2.5 million each year with local businesses which boosts the Sunshine Coast economy even further.
events+ is an initiative of Sunshine Coast Council and the Sunshine Coast Events Board which aims to educate, excite and empower local businesses to leverage and benefit financially from major and regional events.
The campaign offers practical knowledge, advice and tools for business operators and also encourages businesses to collaborate and focus on working together to achieve mutually successful outcomes.
The campaign includes:
- Series of MasterClasses held across the Sunshine Coast Council region
- Comprehensive business toolkit offered in a Workbook and also delivered on-line via an App - available for free download (Apple & Android)
- Consumer App to promote offers and rewards for event patrons and participants which businesses can advertise on – available for free download (Apple & Android)
- An events calendar highlighting major and regional events and on-going advice and tips via eNewsletters and via push notifications from the Business App
- Networking opportunities with like minded business operators, event organisers and introductions to campaign partners
Visit Sunshine Coast events+ website for more detailed information and helpful videos, business tools, apps and much more.
If you’d like to speak to Council’s Sunshine Coast Events team phone (07) 5475 9970 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .