- Last updated:
- 21 Apr 2017
Council’s work experience program provides students with the chance to gain on-the-job experience.
Work experience helps you make informed decisions about your future. It also helps you explore potential careers.
To be eligible you must be either:
- a secondary school student who is at least 14 years old
- a student studying a Certificate III or above with a registered training organisation
- attending a school for people with disabilities
- from an approved work experience referral agency
- a university student (if work experience is mandatory).
Work experience requests must be linked to course requirements or school career education programs.
Students need to be covered for public liability and personal accident insurance by a recognised school, tertiary institution or referral agency.
Work experience positions are unpaid. The length of the placement will depend on whether you are a high school or tertiary student.
- School – five days (either in a block or one day per week over five weeks)
- Registered training organisation – 40 hours (in a negotiable work pattern)
- University – 96 hours (in a negotiable work pattern).
How to apply
Applications are accepted via the on-line application form only. Apply for Work Experience.
For more information email Work.Experience@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.