- Last updated:
- 26 Sep 2016
Representing the whole of the Sunshine Coast. View regional boundary map.
Mayor Jamieson's office is located in the Eddie DeVere Building on the corner of Currie and Bury Streets, Nambour.
Phone: (07) 5441 8242
Fax: (07) 5475 7277
If you wish to invite the Mayor to attend an event, please email Mayorinvitations@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au and an RSVP will be provided as soon as possible.
For after hours emergencies contact council's customer service centre.
First elected in May 2012, Mayor of the Sunshine Coast Mark Jamieson is delivering on his promise to shape a prosperous future for the Sunshine Coast.
Mark Jamieson was elected to create the right conditions for jobs while protecting the region's enviable lifestyle and environment - and that's what he and the Sunshine Coast Council are doing.
Now in his second term as Mayor, Mark Jamieson can list some extensive achievements by Council under his leadership, including:
- A clear 20 year blueprint established for a new economy for the Sunshine Coast - which is already delivering results, with the Sunshine Coast recently ranked the second strongest performing regional economy in Queensland.
- A new planning scheme for the Sunshine Coast - one which puts the right settings in place to encourage new investment and provide certainty for the community.
- Developing the right conditions for investors and business. The Coast's business confidence levels are the highest in the State and major expansions are underway with companies such as Youi and Budget Direct.
- Substantial employment growth with unemployment now lower than the Queensland average and youth unemployment nearly 5% lower than November 2014.
- A new development scheme delivered for the Maroochydore city centre, providing greater certainty and confidence for investors in the only green field CBD in Australia at this time.
- The completion of the Environmental Impact Statement for the expansion of the Sunshine Coast Airport with the international expertise of the Royal Bank of Canada engaged to develop the best model for securing investment in the airport project.
- Investing significantly more funding in community organisations, facilities and programs than any other regional council in Queensland - providing a strong social fabric for communities and the well-being of residents.
- The purchase of almost 500 hectares of environmentally significant land to add to council's conservation estate for the enjoyment of current and future generations, coupled with growing some of the most successful and extensive environmental programs in Australia.
Confidence is building in the region and Mayor Jamieson is keen to see that continue.
Prior to his election as Mayor in 2012, Mark Jamieson enjoyed an extensive career in chief executive and senior leadership roles in the private sector, with both strategic and operational responsibilities for customer satisfaction, staff development, business performance/expansion and shareholder growth.
2008 - Executive Leadership Program, Harvard University, Cambridge USA
1990 to 1995 - Bachelor of Business (Distinction) with double major in Marketing and Human Resources Management (University of Southern Queensland)
A strong united team at council which delivers a robust economy, a strong community, an enviable lifestyle and environment and provides value for the community by delivering quality leadership and services.
- Beacon Foundation
- Blackall Range Woodcrafters Guild Inc.
- Kenilworth Hall, Show and Recreation Ground Assoc. Inc.
- Kenilworth Historical Society
- The Friendship Force Of The Sunshine Coast Inc.
- Maleny Show
- Maroochydore Surf Life Saving Club Inc. (Vice President)
- Surf Life Saving Sunshine Coast
- Surf Life Saving Queensland Assoc. (Vice Patron)
- Sunshine Coast Aero Club
- Sunshine Coast Agricultural Show
- Sunshine Coast Sports Federation (Co-Patron)
- Sunshine Coast Hockey Assoc.
- Chair, Local Disaster Management Group
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member, Australian Olympic Committee (Qld) Team Appeal Committee for Rio 2016
- Member, LifeFlight
- Honorary Membership: Rotary Club of Woombye-Palmwoods