- Wednesday 26 June 2013
Three hundred and fifty thousand dollars for replacing the revetment wall at Bradman Avenue and $400,000 towards improving pedestrian and cyclist facilities along Maroochydore Road are just two of the local items delivered out of Sunshine Coast Council’s $538 million budget for Division 8.
Division 8 Councillor Jason OPray said council is focused on serving the community and creating a sustainable future for the region.
“This budget will continue to support our way of life by delivering important local projects through the $109 million capital works program,” Cr OPray said.
“In Division 8 we will see some important investment across a whole raft of sporting, recreation, community and infrastructure projects including upgrades, new facilities and other improvements.”
A selection of these projects includes:
- Cotton Tree Aquatic Centre - Replace shade structure and 50m pool heater $352,000
- Sixth Avenue, Maroochydore - Stormwater upgrade $250,000
- Upper Maroochy River - Study of scour & pollution $130,000
- Bradman Avenue, Maroochydore - Staged design & implementation $390,000
- Maroochydore Beach Foreshore - Staged implementation $190,000
- Alexandra Parade, Maroochydore - Design and construct beach access $120,000
- North Shore District Sports Complex - Development plan implementation $75,000
- Black Swan Park - Staged Plan & Implementation $75,000
- Cotton Tree Holiday Park – Construct nine new cabins and upgrade electrical sub-boards $800,000
- Maroochydore Holiday Park - Upgrade amenities building $200,000
- Mudjimba Holiday Park - New heat pump for the hot water systems and amenity and residence upgrade $55,000
To find out more about what’s planned for your community, visit Council's website.