- Last updated:
- 21 Sep 2017
Maroochydore Lions Park is an important area for locals. It is located beside Eudlo Creek. Council improved the park according to the Maroochydore Lions Park - Landscape Concept Plan. The plan reflects the themes and ideas that emerged during the community engagement process.
The Lions Park Landscape concept plan provides a framework for the design, construction and renewal of key parkland areas.
Council has completed 5 stages of planned construction at Maroochydore Lions Park. More work may be undertaken at some stage in the future, subject to available funding.
The following elements of the concept design have been delivered:
- playground refurbishment
- 7 new park shelters including barbecues and outdoor furniture
- turf renovation
- revegetation with endemic (local to the area) plants
- 36 extra car parking bays
- seven extra boat trailer parking bays
- shared cycle and pedestrian paths
- general landscape and drainage work.
The delivered outcomes of the design have aimed to:
- preserve and improve the character and sense of place of the parklands and Eudlo Creek
- improve park facilities and recreational use of the park
- improve the natural environmental features of the park.
In March 2011, council began the first stage of community engagement to guide the landscape concept for the Maroochydore Lions Park.
Council invited the community to discuss and share their ideas for the area's future development. Collated community feedback was used to develop the draft Maroochydore Lions Park concept plan.
Council requested further community feedback on the draft Lions Park concept plan to help prioritise the future staging and implementation of the concept plan.
Residents also met in the park with council officers to share ideas in August 2011. Council evaluated the feedback and finalised the landscape concept plan.
Council thanks those who participated in the development of the vision and design for the new park.
For more information, please contact council’s Project Officer on (07) 5457 7272.