- Last updated:
- 04 Sep 2016
The Ballinger Park Sports Complex Master Plan 2011-2026 was adopted at council's Ordinary Meeting on the 22 February 2012. The plan will assist the future development of sport and active recreation in Buderim and the surrounding region.
The Ballinger Park Sports Complex Master Plan provides a long term vision for the complex (2011 - 2026). The plan builds on the existing assets and remains flexible for changes in future use options.
The key recommendation of the Ballinger Park Sports Complex Master Plan is to "create a premier sport and recreation precinct with a range of healthy and active opportunities" including:
- a regional hockey centre plus a second synthetic hockey/multi-use field
- a new multi-use sports field with junior cricket wicket
- a regional archery centre
- increasing capacity for users
- improved connectivity and parking accessibility
- introduction of recreational elements for the community
- flexibility in design to adapt to any future changes in demand for playing fields.
View the Ballinger Park Sports Complex Master Plan 2011-2026 [3.6MB].
Alternately view a summary of the Ballinger Park Sports Complex Master Plan Concept [436KB].
Where to from here
Council cannot finance all of the recommendations from the Ballinger Park Sports Complex Master Plan 2011-2026. The adoption of the master plan provides council and stakeholders with a sound base to lobby the state and federal governments for funding. This will be conducted in partnership with the Ballinger Park Sports Complex, user groups, the community and council.
Sport facilities play an important role in the local community. Master planning helps to provide infrastructure which reflects community need.
As a result, the Ballinger Park Sports Complex Master Plan will consider:
- Configuration, capacity, functionality and usage of the site
- Character of the landscape
- Emerging trends and issues
- Catchment areas and population demographic demands (present and future)
- Public expectations and needs
- Car parking and traffic movement requirements.
The Ballinger Park Sports Complex is located on council-owned land in Buderim. It occupies approximately 60 hectares.
Areas of the sporting complex are leased to local sport, recreation and youth organisations including:
- Pony club
- Dog obedience
- The youth organisation 'Alcooringa/Fusion'.
- The private school of Matthew Flinders Anglican College also utilises the complex for cricket.
This complex provides open space for informal recreation to promote wellbeing.
For more information contact council’s customer service centre.