- Last updated:
- 14 Mar 2019
The Maroochydore Junior Rugby League Club - Facility Development Plan 2014 was adopted at council's Ordinary Meeting on 16 October 2014.
The purpose of the Maroochydore Junior Rugby League Club - Facility Development Plan is to provide a long term vision for the Wises Road site. The plan outlines priority actions over the next 20 years.
Key recommendations of the plan include:
- Improved standard of playing surfaces and drainage
- Upgrades to change rooms and toilets
- Introduction of tiered, covered seating
- Improved car parking and access.
Where to from here
Council cannot solely finance recommendations from the Maroochydore Junior Rugby League - Facility Development Plan 2014. The adoption of the plan will provide a sound base to lobby state and federal governments for funding assistance. Council will seek this assistance in partnership with relevant groups and the community.
The Maroochydore Junior Rugby League - Facility Development Plan 2014 considers:
- Arrangements and uses of the site
- Needs across various sports and recreation uses
- Needs of the community and surrounding population
- Sport and recreation trends, issues and priorities
- Traffic movement/management needs
- Relevant council plans and strategies
- Planning constraints and opportunities.
The Maroochydore Junior Rugby League Club site is located on approximately 6 hectares of sport and recreation land.
The site is a district sporting complex, which services some regional needs. This complex provides open space for formal and informal recreation to promote health and wellbeing.
Clubs located at the site include:
- Maroochydore Junior Rugby League (MJRL)
- Maroochydore Coolum Rugby League (MCRL)
- Maroochydore Oztag
- Spartans Gridiron
- Maroochydore Touch
For more information contact council.