- Last updated:
- 05 Nov 2018
The Petrie Creek Parklands Open Space Master Plan was adopted at council's Ordinary Meeting on 17 August 2017.
The Petrie Creek Parklands Open Space Master Plan will guide the planning, design and development of the parks, gardens and open space adjacent to Petrie Creek. Finalising the Petrie Creek Parklands Open Space Master Plan is a key action of the Nambour Activation Plan (2015). It captures the collective vision of the Nambour community for their parklands, reflecting their priorities and aspirations, and provides a blueprint for the look and feel of the parkland network for the next 20 years.
The Petrie Creek Parklands Open Space Master Plan aims to:
- create a continuous linear park network to encompass existing individual parklands and open space areas
- develop cohesive, Nambour-specific design to reinforce creek side identity
- create attractive, safe and accessible pedestrian and bicycle links to the town centre
- provide a guide for future council, private and community initiatives in, or adjacent to the creek corridor to ensure the master plan vision is realised
- provide a framework for future detailed design and construction as capital funding becomes available.
Where to from here
The Petrie Creek Parklands Open Space Master Plan presents a 20 year plus vision with a number of key outcomes that can be delivered through a staged implementation process over the short, medium and long term. The staged implementation of the precinct plan will occur over a number of years subject to available funding.
The 2017/18 funding allocation will be used for concept design of the new council park and other infrastructure projects such as the new pedestrian link from the primary path network to Doolan Street. This will enable council to seek grant funding from various sources and deliver the plan in consolidated stages and condensed time frames.
Updates on the implementation of the open space master plan will be made available on council's website.
For more information, please contact council's customer service centre.