- Last updated:
- 05 Dec 2016
The Sunshine Coast Access and Inclusion Plan 2011-2016 became effective in December 2011. The plan sets out actions that council will take to provide access and inclusion for all.
The Access and Inclusion Plan is available to download:
- Access and Inclusion Plan [2.7MB]
- Access and Inclusion Plan [Large Print 725KB]
- Access and Inclusion Plan [E-Text 396KB]
The plan is available in Braille and CD (audio) versions. Sunshine Coast Libraries have Braille and CD copies for loan.
Note: Personal copies of Braille and CDs can be ordered by emailing email@example.com or phoning council’s Community Development Officer on (07) 5441 8186.
The Sunshine Coast Access and Inclusion Plan aims to enable people to:
- engage in society
- move about the region with dignity and independence.
The plan has been developed around five focus areas:
- Pedestrians, parking and transport – getting around
- Community facilities, amenities and open space – places and spaces
- Planning and services – diverse and broad services
- Training, employment and participation – sharing in and contributing to society
- Communication and community engagement – Accessible and relevant communication.
|Access and Mobility Forum||November 2010|
|Access Action Plan community forums (x4)||June 2011|
|Community survey||June 2011|
Seven guiding principles underpin council’s commitment to access and inclusion:
The Sunshine Coast Access and Inclusion Plan is available in a full length format:
- Sunshine Coast Access and Inclusion Plan 2011-2016 [WMA 11.3MB]
For more information, contact council’s Development Officer on (07) 5441 8436 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpful resources and information
Information on services that support people with disabilities, carers and their families: