- Last updated:
- 13 Aug 2019
Council endorsed the region’s first ever arts plan at the August 2018 Ordinary Meeting.
Through the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-2038, council aims to grow, strengthen and seek opportunities to develop and showcase the local arts sector.
The vision of the plan is:
'The soul of our community is our flourishing arts ecology: nurturing connections, promoting experimentation and inspiring collaboration.'
It provides a road-map to guide council’s future priorities, programs and investment in the arts. The plan aims to:
- stimulate the local arts sector
- create opportunities to build a strong community of artists, arts practitioners and arts organisations
- showcase the value of arts to the region
- identify opportunities for investment
- grow participation in the arts.
The four goals within the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan are:
1. Local artists and artistic content is developed and celebrated.
2. Arts audiences and creative opportunities flourish through investment and development.
3. Dedicated networks of places and spaces for artists to connect, create and collaborate.
4. Art and creativity is embedded in the identity and experience of the Sunshine Coast.
View the plan
View the Sunshine Coast Arts Plan 2018-2038
For more information, email email@example.com.