- Last updated:
- 09 Oct 2017
Council is upgrading a number of key intersections on Maud Street and Aerodrome Road in Maroochydore.
These critical upgrades are essential to improve road safety, connectivity and to cater for the future growth of Maroochydore as the key centre for business and commerce on the Sunshine Coast.
View the artist impression video of this project in helping to shape the future of Maroochydore.
The upgrades will accommodate the future growth of the Maroochydore region and deliver:
- improved traffic connectivity
- improved road safety
- new pedestrian paths and crossings
- a separated cycle facility
- improved public transport connectivity
- improved underground services
- a significant visual improvement to the area with landscaping and streetscape beautification treatments
- space for a future light rail corridor.
Intersections covered in the project area of work include:
- Aerodrome Road intersections - Cornmeal Parade, First Avenue, Maud Street
- Maud Street intersections - Bungama Street, Allambie Street, Dalby Street
Upgrade to the Aerodrome Road intersections are in progress and scheduled for completion by late 2018 (weather permitting).
Construction on the Maud Street intersections upgrade was completed in August 2017.
Work is being programmed to minimise impacts to motorists, cyclists, pedestrians and the local community during construction. View the current changes to traffic conditions for more details.
- major stormwater upgrade along First Avenue into Cornmeal Parade
- adjacent stormwater drainage upgrades - 70% complete
- underground service relocations - 75% complete
- overhead power lines along Aerodrome Road and First Avenue relocated underground
- private property connections to new underground power supply
- bulk earthworks, pavement construction and kerb and channel complete on the new four-lane entrance to the expanded city centre from Aerodrome Road
- implementation of temporary pedestrian route throughout the construction zone.
|Community update 4
|Community update 3
|Community update 2
|Community update 1||August 2016|
|Notification - Maud Street night road closure
|Notification - Intersection work - Traffic and pedestrian changes
||2 August 2017|
|Notification - Maud Street night work road closure
||27 July 2017|
|Notification - First Avenue closure||17 July 2017|
|Notification - Maud Street Asphalting||28 June 2017|
|Notification - Activity Summary June-August||9 June 2017|
|Notification - Pedestrian changes||2 June 2017|
|Notification - Aerodrome Rd underboring night work||19 May 2017|
|Notification - First Ave bus stop relocation||19 May 2017|
|Notification 7||May 2017|
|Notification 5||April 2017|
Council are upgrading two major intersections on Aerodrome Road at Maroochydore. Work will involve upgrading the First Avenue and Maud Street intersections and constructing a new entrance to Maroochydore's expanded city centre.
This work is complex and will be challenging given the high traffic volumes and frequent pedestrian and cyclist movements in this area. Traffic movements and pedestrian pathways will be regularly adjusted, often at short notice.
Aerodrome Road work involves upgrading the intersections at Cornmeal Parade, First Avenue and Maud Street and street realignment.
A large number of underground services will also be upgraded. This work is extensive and requires detailed planning and coordination with a number of service providers including Unitywater, Telstra, NBN, Optus, TPG and Energex.
To receive regular project updates throughout the construction period, please register your contact details to email@example.com or phone the project information line: 1800 895 189.
The Aerodrome Road Intersection Upgrades are a joint initiative of Sunshine Coast Council and the Queensland Government.