- Last updated:
- 13 Feb 2019
The upgrade of Doonan Bridge Road, Verrierdale from a gravel road to a sealed road provides formalised road lanes, increased visibility and will help to reduce dust and maintenance costs.
Doonan Bridge Road was sealed between Arcoona Road and Verrierdale Road. Work was undertaken in three (3) stages, to help minimise construction timeframes and disruption to road users.
Doonan Bridge Road upgrade works were completed in July 2018 with the entire length of Doonan Bridge Road now fully sealed and line marked.
Landscaping works will be occurring during September within stages 2 and 3. These works will see the revegetation of approximately 3,500m² and another 4,700m² of weed management within the riparian area at the northern end of Doonan Bridge Road.
Council would like to thank the residents for their patience during the construction of this upgrade.
- Construction notification - February 2018
- Construction notification - August 2017
- Construction notification - June 2017
- Project news - December 2016
- Project news - November 2016
This project included:
- widening and sealing Doonan Bridge Road, Verrierdale, to an 8m sealed road which will include a 3m traffic lane and 1m shoulder in each direction
- 2m gravel shoulder on both sides of the road for recreational road users (horse riding, cyclist and pedestrians)
- upgrading existing and installation of new drainage structures including pipes and culverts
- upgrading table drains and placement of rock scour protection
- improving visibility for road users.
As part of council’s 10 year capital works program, a number of gravel roads are identified on a priority basis for sealing each financial year.