- Last updated:
- 17 Oct 2016
The Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014 identifies an area of land within Kawana as located within Development Control Plan 1 – Kawana Waters. Under the provisions of Development Control Plan 1 (DCP-1), development of land within the DCP area must follow the Master Planned Community Development Process. Council must approve a series of master plans when developing individual sites or precincts.
The master plans are hierarchical and provide varying levels of guidance for land developers and council in the assessment of individual developments. All development must comply with Development Control Plan 1, the Structure Plan and any relevant Master Plans.
The hierarchy of planning documents for Kawana Waters involves:
- Development Control Plan 1 - Kawana Waters
- Structure Plan
- Neighbourhood Plan/Detailed Planning Area Plan
- Precinct/Estate Plan
- Site Development Plan
- Design Plan/Reconfiguring a Lot.
A number of Infrastructure Agreements apply to the development of Kawana Waters, these include:
- Infrastructure Agreement with Respect to the Regional Hospital Land
Refer to the following key maps for the relevant master plans for land within DCP-1. Most sites have more than one layer of master plan, so refer to all key maps below to identify the master plans applicable to your site. These master plans contain information pertaining to permissible land uses and development criteria.
|Key Map - Neighbourhood Plans and Detailed Planning Area Plans|
|Master Plan No.91|
|Precinct/Estate Plan and Site Development Plan for Creekside|
|Key Map - Site Development Plans|
|Site Development Plan - Urban Neighbourhood Centre, Creekside|
|Master Plan No.73
||Master Plan No.75
|Master Plan No. 96
Within the area identified as Development Control Plan 1 there are two lake systems:
- Parrearra Lake
- Lake Kawana Management Plan Volume 1
- Appendix A - Locality Plan/Site Plan
- Appendix B - Quay Line Plan
- Appendix C - Lake Management Maintenance Manual
- Appendix D - Weir Details
- Appendix E - Salinity Pumping System
- Appendix F - Private Pontoon, Details and Design Principles
- Appendix G - Finish Line Tower and Public Platform Details
- Appendix H - Salinity Pumping System - Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Appendix I - Structure Plan Requirements Relatated to Birtinya Lake System
- Appendix J - Community Consultation
- Appendix K - Nomination of Trust
Lake Management Plans have been prepared and endorsed by council for each system. The endorsed Lake Management Plans primarily establishes quay lines and permitted and prohibited activities and uses. The Lake Management Plans also includes details relating private pontoons and platforms for lake front properties and establishes the process to follow in order to obtain the necessary approvals required before a private pontoon or platform may be constructed.