- Last updated:
- 17 Aug 2016
Council adopted the Sunshine Coast Social Strategy 2015 at its Ordinary Meeting on 18 June 2015.
The strategy has been recognised as an ABA100 winner of The Australian Business Awards 2016 for community contribution.
The Sunshine Coast Social Strategy 2015 provides the long term social direction for the region. It is an overarching strategy that includes:
- a social vision
- key initiatives
- council’s existing social commitments.
The Sunshine Coast Social Strategy 2015 flip book works towards council's Corporate Plan 2014-2019 goal of “A strong community - supporting an engaged, resilient and inclusive community that embraces diversity”.
Note: The flipbook will not display on mobile devices. View or download the below PDF document to access the prospectus.
The strategy supports this goal and aligns with the four Corporate Plan outcomes of:
- Safe and healthy communities
- Resilient and engaged communities
- Culture, heritage and diversity are valued and embraced
- People and places are connected.
View the Mayor's address on the importance of this strategy.
- builds on the region’s existing social attributes
- outlines further actions to improve community outcomes and strengths.
The strategy aims to achieve four targets:
- Sunshine Coast maintains a healthiest region in Queensland ranking
- Increase in the number of people that benefit from council’s funding program
- Increase in the frequency the population attending council’s venues, aquatic facilities, libraries, gallery and events
- One in four of the population contributing to volunteering.
View some filmed case studies of initiatives from 2015/16:
- Volunteers and Community Groups
- Community Safety
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Buddina Community Garden
- Head Space
- Bankfoot House
View the Director of Community Services' address on the approach to this challenge
The Sunshine Coast Social Strategy 2015 is based on the outcomes of community engagement activities undertaken over the last six years, as part of council’s existing strategies and plans development.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.