- Last updated:
- 03 Nov 2016
To apply for a building approval you must first contact a building certifier. There are a number of private building certifiers on the Sunshine Coast. Applications must be made by a building certifier on your behalf.
Plumbing and drainage applications
If you are using a building certifier, check with them to see if they are lodging an application on your behalf. You can submit an application by including the applicable form, relevant documentation and payment.
Council offers several ways to lodge your plumbing application:
- online through MyCouncil (you will need to register to use this service),
- by email (see details below)
- in person or by post.
Council requires payment of all applicable fees at the time of lodging an application.
Fees are based on the number of fixtures i.e. apparatus, appliances, and devices; related to the plumbing and drainage works.
You can request help calculating fees for commercial applications with more than twenty (20) fixtures. Send a cover letter and hydraulic plans for review. State the request is for a plumbing fee estimate and not lodgement of a plumbing and drainage application.
Once you receive a response, you can then submit an application with payment for the estimated fees. Applicants must include the fee estimate response in the lodgement documentation.
A list of council's fees for plumbing applications is available in the register of fees and charges.
Applications forms are available at Approved Plumbers and Drainers Forms.
To pay by credit card, you can complete the credit card payment authority advice form and submit with your application.
MyCouncil is council's online portal that can be used for many personal and business services. Some of the benefits of lodging plumbing applications through this service are:
- your application is immediately created in council's property system, saving administrative processing time
- all information can be submitted electronically
- no need to spread documents across many emails, because of size limitations.
Before you can lodge applications through this service, you will need to register for personal and business (where applicable) access.
For more information or help setting up your MyCouncil registration, refer to the following fact sheets or contact council to speak to a dedicated officer:
- How to lodge a plumbing application online
- One step personal access to MyCouncil and MyCouncil Services
- One step business access to MyCouncil and MyCouncil Services.
You can email up to 15MB at one time. For larger applications or documents, split the attachments and emails as per council's guidelines.
Note for applications submitted by email:
Documents must be directly attached to an email. Council does not accept emailed applications containing documents sent via a link e.g. yousendit.com or drop box.
- Applications for domestic construction submitted must include one (1) copy of all documentation
- Applications for commercial construction submitted must include four (4) copies of all documentation.
You can lodge your plumbing application in person or by post.