- Last updated:
- 01 Aug 2019
If your development application is low risk, there's a good chance council can FastTrack it. Eligible FastTrack applications are usually completed within twenty (20) business days from the application being received.
The following low risk, code assessable development types are eligible for FastTrack assessment.
The following criteria should also be applied to determine whether an application is suitable for FastTrack assessment. Application:
- is not a result of compliance or enforcement action
- if subject to an overlay is accompanied by the applicable report addressing the overlay code requirement
- with a State government referral trigger is accompanied by a pre-request response from the referral agency.
Material change of use
- low impact industry
- service industry
- home based business (where limited to non-compliance with home based business code)
- dual occupancy
- dwelling houses and secondary dwelling (where complying with acceptable outcomes of building height and structures overlay codes).
Reconfiguring a lot
- maximum one (1) additional lot created and access easements
- rearranging boundaries.
- associated with a material change of use for a dual occupancy or any of the above listed industrial uses, where the material change of use and operational works applications are lodged concurrently.
- minor change applications to FastTrack approvals
- generally in accordance requests relating to FastTrack approvals.
A qualified and experienced applicant must complete the FastTrack application kit. The kit consists of:
- the FastTrack consultant report
- applicable RPEQ design certification form/s (access, car parking and integrated water management).
The kit must be accompanied by:
- application fees
- letters of approval/consent where applicable
- relevant approved forms
- proposal plans
- a landscape concept plan
- any other documents or supplementary information needed for assessment.
FastTrack application fees are the same as standard fees. For combined material change of use and operational works applications for dual occupancies, the latter fee will be waived.
Advice for success
To help council make a timely decision, you should:
- make sure you submit the consultant report and certifications, along with all other aspects mentioned above
- include the referral agency response from the Department of Infrastructure, Local Government and Planning
- consider lodging your application online via the eDevelopment application channel.
Council will contact you if you make an application that is not eligible for FastTrack. These applications will be assessed under the standard timeframes pursuant to the Planning Act 2016.
For information of eligibility, applying or general advice, please contact council's development services. The FastTrack assessment team includes officers with experience in:
- civil engineering
- hydraulics and water quality
- environmental health
- landscape and ecology, and
- urban design.