- Last updated:
- 09 Dec 2015
Released: November 2009
At its Ordinary Meeting on 29 October 2009, council adopted amendments in accordance with the requirements of Schedule 3 of the Integrated Planning Act 1997. It was resolved to adopt amendments to the Development Design Planning Scheme Policy Section 7 – Water Supply and Section 8 – Sewerage, Caloundra City Plan 2004.
- Development Design Planning Scheme Policy [PDF 2.8MB] – 11 November 2009
The purpose and general effect of the proposed amendments is to streamline council's design and construction standards for water supply and sewerage infrastructure across the planning schemes applying to the Sunshine Coast region. This amendment ensures that design and construction standards for water and sewerage infrastructure generally align with the Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) national standards, with exceptions for local requirements. The draft amendments include:
- various minor amendments to ensure consistency
- clarification of terms within the documents
- increased reference to Water Services Association of Australia (WSAA) national standards
- removal of references to Caloundra City Council, replaced with reference to 'Council'
- expectations sought by council have been clarified within each document where appropriate
- consistent, standardised easement widths contained within each policy. The requirement is for 3m wide easements for sewers less than 3m deep and 4m wide easements for sewers in excess of 3m deep.
The amendments come into effect on 11 November 2009.
- Amended Section 7 [PDF 227KB] and Section 8 [PDF 375KB] of Development Design Planning Scheme Policy for printing and insertion into hard copies of the Caloundra City Plan 2004.
No printed copies of the amendments will be distributed by council.
A copy of the adopted planning scheme policy amendments is also available for inspection or purchase from council’s customer service centres.