- Last updated:
- 04 Jul 2016
On 6 October 2010, council adopted Amendment Nos 15/16 (2010) to the Maroochy Plan 2000 planning scheme. These amendments took effect on 25 October 2010.
The purpose and general effect of the amendments is to clarify council’s provisions in the Maroochy Plan 2000 and to introduce new provisions.
Major individual amendments forming part of the amendment package are:
- updates to
- the Bushfire Prone Area Regulatory Map
- the Road Hierarchy Map in the Strategic Plan
- the Code for Development in Bushfire Prone Areas
- the inclusion of The Village Residential Precincts of Eudlo and Woombye and the Village Centre of Eudlo in the areas of Townscape Significance
- amendments to the Traffic, Transport and Parking Code to clarify parking provision requirements for changes of use to existing commercial buildings within centre precincts
amendments to the Code for Agriculture and Animal Husbandry to ensure that development subject to this code does not cause the clearing of remnant vegetation
the inclusion of a new code for Erosion and Sediment Control
- various amendments to the Code for the Development of Detached Houses and Display Homes, including new requirements for:
sites in bushfire prone areas
- prescribed tidal works (including jetties and pontoons)
- limitations on built to boundary walls on small lot sites
- minimum on-site water storage requirements for detached houses in rural areas.
- the clarification of side and rear setbacks for Dual Occupancy and Low-rise Multi-Unit Premises.
Start of the amendments
The amendments come into effect on 25 October 2010.
- Download the amended pages for printing and insertion into the hard copies of the Maroochy Plan 2000. For ease of use please refer to the amendment instructions and a complete summary of all amendments.
- Amended Map Planning Area 19 – Blackall Range
- Amended Regulatory Map 1.7 Bushfire Prone Areas
- Additional Figure 2.1.6 Designated Bushfire Prone Areas for Building Work
- Amended Road Hierarchy Map 2.2
No printed copies of the amendments will be distributed by council.
A copy of the amendments is also available for inspection or purchase from council's customer service centres.