- Last updated:
- 19 Oct 2017
Council adopted the Maroochydore Principal Activity Centre Structure Plan and Planning Scheme Policy on 15 December 2010. The adopted amendments took effect on 17 December 2010.
The structure plan:
- creates employment opportunities through the allocation of 150,000 m2 of new commercial floor space by 2031
- allocates 65,000 m2 of new retail floor space by 2031
- proposes 4000 new dwellings within the principal activity centre
- retains 40 per cent of the golf course site as public open space
- proposes significant community facilities such as a regional arts and entertainment centre, a transit plaza, regional library, public amphitheatre and civic plaza and urban open space
- mandates sub-tropical design that embraces Maroochydore’s unique sub-tropical, coastal and waterfront qualities.
Commencement of the amendments
The amendments came into effect on 17 December 2010.
- Amendment instruction sheet
- Amended pages for printing and insertion into hard copies of Maroochy Plan 2000
- Amended and new maps for printing and insertion into hard copies of Maroochy Plan 2000:
For more information contact council's customer service centre.