- Last updated:
- 29 Jan 2016
On 10 January 2014, council adopted a temporary local planning instrument overriding Maroochy Plan 2000 in accordance with Section 117 of the Sustainable Planning Act 2009. The Maroochy Plan 2000 is now superseded by the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme 2014. The temporary local planning instrument is:
- Temporary Local Planning Instrument 01/2014 (Sippy Downs Town Centre) Maroochy Plan 2000 [PDF 1.2MB]
The purpose of the temporary local planning instrument is to expedite the planning and delivery of the Sippy Downs Town Centre, including the Business and Technology Park, and to stimulate economic development and jobs growth on the Sunshine Coast.
The temporary local planning instrument suspends the operation of provisions of Maroochy Plan 2000 in respect to the Sippy Downs Town Centre and applies new provisions affecting the operation of Maroochy Plan 2000 in respect to Sippy Downs Town Centre by:
- providing revised development assessment tables for material change of use, reconfiguring a lot and special management areas in Volume 1
- making one amendment to the strategic plan in Volume 2
- making five amendments to the statement of desired character for planning area No. 3 (Sippy Downs)
- providing a revised code for development in the Sippy Downs Town Centre.
Commencement of the temporary local planning instrument
A temporary local planning instrument may suspend or otherwise affect the operation of a planning scheme for up to 1 year. The temporary local planning instrument came into effect on 13 January 2014 and will cease to have effect either on 13 January 2015 or the day after the Sunshine Coast Planning Scheme takes effect whichever occurs earlier.
For printing and attachment to the hard copy of the planning scheme:
Council will not distribute printed copies of the temporary local planning instrument.
A copy of the temporary local planning instrument is also available for inspection or purchase from council’s customer service centres.