- Last updated:
- 19 Oct 2018
Land for Wildlife is a free, voluntary conservation program. It supports landholders to protect native plants and animals on their property.
The Land for Wildlife program offers members:
- free land management advice tailored to their property
- follow-up property visits and advice
- free specialist workshops and field days
- access to technical advice
- regular newsletters
- opportunities to meet other like-minded landholders
- access to resources, including government grants and other incentives
- a free Land for Wildlife sign for registered properties. This sign acknowledges the commitment the landholder is making to nature conservation.
View the Land for Wildlife Video
Land for Wildlife welcomes landholders who:
- manage part or all of their property as habitat for native plants and animals
- are interested in integrating nature conservation with other land uses, such as agriculture, grazing or tourism
- have a property with at least 1 hectare of native vegetation or who want to create habitat areas on their properties of over 1 hectare (exceptions may apply for educational, community-owned or other properties).
Land for Wildlife members can:
- learn about native plants, wildlife and ecosystems
- restore degraded habitat through revegetation and natural regeneration
- reduce weeds and soil erosion
- create wildlife corridors
- improve water quality in creeks and rivers
- help bring back threatened plants and animals
- protect remnant forest, woodlands and grasslands
- integrate nature conservation with other farming activities.
For more information on the Land for Wildlife program please visit SEQ Catchments Land for Wildlife Southeast Queensland.
To join Land for Wildlife or to speak to a conservation partnerships officer please call council's customer service centre on 5475 7272 or email LFW@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
Habitat Restoration Incentives (for Land for Wildlife members only)
Land for Wildlife Restoration Incentive applications are now open for existing Land for Wildlife members to apply for (both registered and working towards registration). You can apply for one of the following:
- up to 300 seedlings from local nurseries. To apply visit Native Plant Seedlings for Revegetation.
- up to four (4) nest boxes installed. To apply visit Wildlife Box Installation.
- a selection of herbicides and/or weed control tools (includes mandatory weed control and herbicide use workshop). To apply visit Herbicide/Weed Control Tools and Training.
For more information on the application process, please view the Incentives Fact Sheet .
Please apply for one incentive only by following the appropriate link above. Applications are due by midnight on Monday 3 September 2018.