- Last updated:
- 12 Sep 2016
Sunshine Coast residents pay a Cultural Heritage Levy of $8 per annum. The levy is charged per household and is included in the rates payment. The levy aims to:
- protect cultural places such as buildings and other significant sites
- raise people’s awareness of the value of local heritage
- celebrate the cultural heritage of the Sunshine Coast.
Sunshine Coast Cultural Heritage Reference Group
The Sunshine Coast Cultural Heritage Reference Group (SCCHRG) is made up of heritage specialists and members of the community. It provides advice on preserving and accessing cultural heritage on the Sunshine Coast.
The group aims to:
- raise the profile of cultural heritage
- ensure cultural heritage is new, exciting and open to everyone
- build a network of individuals, organisations, and museums
- identify partners and opportunities
- suggest expenditure of the Cultural Heritage Levy.
Four meetings are held throughout the year.
| Cr Rick Baberowski (Chair-person)
||Councillor, Sunshine Coast Council|
|Kerry Jones||Kabi Kabi First Nation. Registered Native Title Claimant Group
|Ken Murphy||Jinibara Traditional People, determined Native Title holders
|Olivia Robinson||Heritage Practitioner|
|Adrian Just||Heritage Architect|
|Roger Todd||Heritage Architect|
|Clive Plater||Nambour Historical Society|
|Wendy Birrell||Discover Eumundi Heritage and Visitor Centre|
|Darcelle Hegarty||Bli Bli Maroochy Historical Society|
Voluntary positions are for two years.
More information can be obtained by emailing the Cultural Heritage Services Unit firstname.lastname@example.org.