- Last updated:
- 21 Jul 2016
The 2017 Heritage Calendar celebrates the 50th anniversary of the naming of the Sunshine Coast. Council invites you to share your favourite images of the Sunshine Coast from that era - the 1960s and 70s. The calendar will bring together community memories of this historic time in our local history to create a precious keepsake for sharing with friends and family.
You could win
- Your image included in the 2017 Heritage Calendar.
- A canvas print of your image.
- An invitation to the calendar launch event.
- Five calendars to share with family and friends.
The annual Sunshine Coast Council Heritage Calendar is produced to celebrate and showcase the unique cultural heritage of our region. The 2017 Heritage Calendar is proudly supported by the Sunshine Coast Council Heritage Levy.
Photographs submitted must:
- depict the Sunshine Coast during the 1960s and 70s
- be in digital format or available to be scanned if selected
- be in landscape layout (not portrait)
- be accompanied with details of author, date, title
- be suitable for inclusion in a calendar format.
If possible, please provide names of people in the image and a short description.
Submitting your entry
Applications must be submitted by 5.00 pm Monday 22 August 2016.
Online: Applications to the 2017 Heritage Calendar Competition can be submitted online by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete online entry requires the following:
- signed and completed copyright form
- up to two (2) image files. Images must be jpeg, jpg, png or gif format and only attachments below 10MB can be attached to the application
- each filename should be clearly labelled with the entrant’s surname (capitals), first name (lowercase) eg. SMITH_John.jpg.
In person: Heritage images can be submitted in person through Sunshine Coast Libraries or council customer contact centres, including:
- signed receipt and copyright agreement form including photographers contact details
- up to two (2) photographs.
The signed receipt and copyright agreement form is evidence of the entrant’s acceptance of all terms and conditions and by entering into this competition the entrant is bound by the terms and conditions. See Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Entrants requiring support in submitting an entry please contact Cultural Heritage Services by phoning 07 5420 8600.
Participation in the prize
Following the pre-selection process, all entrants will be advised promptly of the outcome, and entrants whose photographs are shortlisted and invited to participate will receive further advice. For further information contact:
Cultural Heritage Services
Locked Bag 72 Sunshine Coast Mail Centre QLD 4560
Ph (07) 5420 8600
Council reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time.