- Last updated:
- 04 Oct 2018
Council supports all types of events being held on the Sunshine Coast through various programs and services, including the scene program.
scene's program vision is to ensure the Sunshine Coast has a connected, capable and creative community events industry.
Being connected through the Event Suppliers Directory - organisers can search and find relevant event industry suppliers and venues based on the Sunshine Coast.
Event organisers and suppliers are encouraged to subscribe to receive the e-newsletter to stay up to date with event related announcements.
The program aims to help our community capable of delivering safe, sustainable and successful events by:
- offering free and low cost educational workshops and information sessions for community event organisers interested in event trends
- up-skilling and understanding council funding and permit processes for events.
Being creative in event programming, ensuring community event organisers can connect and promote local artists – from creative producers, artists, street performers, musicians and theatre.
View information on past topics, speakers and slides.
How to get involved with scene
- Subscribe to the e-newsletter to receive scene updates, more information on upcoming events and other industry tips and tricks.
- Showcase an event specific product, talent or service at one of the events.
- Send through ideas, suggestions or feedback on topics you’d like covered.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (07) 5475 7272
The community kit contains practical event resource and template documents including:
- Communication / marketing plan
- Event brief
- Event application / permit information
- Event checklists
- Organisational structures
- Risk assessment
- Events Hub
- Community Groups Directory
- Sunshine Coast Venues and Events
- Business Events Sunshine Coast Event Planning
- Help with running successful events
- Travelsmart your event
- Tourism Events Queensland
- Liquor Licensing Event Management Templates