- Last updated:
- 24 Sep 2017
Council supports all types of events being held on the Sunshine Coast through various programs and services, including the SCENE program.
SCENE's program vision is to ensure the Sunshine Coast has a connected, capable and creative community events industry.
Being connected through the Event Suppliers Directory - organisers can search and find relevant event industry suppliers and venues based on the Sunshine Coast.
Event organisers and suppliers are encouraged to subscribe to receive the e-newsletter to stay up to date with event related announcements.
Making our community capable to deliver safe, sustainable and successful events by offering free and low cost educational workshops and information sessions for community event organisers interested in event trends, up-skilling and understanding council funding and permit processes for events.
Being creative in event programming, ensuring community event organisers can connect and promote local artists – from creative producers, artists, street performers, musicians and theatre.
Friday 13 October. 9am-12noon
Best Western Plus, 9 Florey Blvd, Birtinya
SCENE - Protecting Crowded Places - Event and venue managers duty of care
Join Sgt Rick Liddy from Qld Police and Andrew Murray from ERMS Group to learn about crowd safety and security in public spaces, events and festivals and understand your duty of care as an event manager or venue manager of public facilities including community centres, pools, sports fields, stadium etc.
Topics covered include:
Tickets: $15 adults, $10 concession. Price includes morning tea.
|Wednesday, 18 October. 9-11am
||SCENE - Introduction to Events - planning events, permits, grants
More information will be released on each workshop.
You can access information on past topics, speakers and slides.
How to get involved with scene
- Subscribe to the e-newsletter to receive scene updates, more information on upcoming events and other industry tips and tricks. Email firstname.lastname@example.org – type ‘subscribe scene’ in the subject line.
- Showcase an event specific product, talent or service at one of the events.
- Send through ideas, suggestions or feedback on topics you’d like covered.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (07) 5475 7272
This kit contains a number of practical event resource and template documents including (but not limited to):
- Communication / marketing plan
- Event brief
- Event application / permit information
- Event checklists
- Organisational structures
- Risk assessment
To access these and other documents, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Event Supplier Directory
- Events Sponsorship
- Event permits and guidelines
- Grants and Funding
- Community Halls
- Facilities and Recreation Directory
- Events Hub
- Community Groups Directory
- Holding events on the Coast
- Sunshine Coast Venues and Events
- Sunshine Coast Destination Limited
- Business Events Sunshine Coast Planning Checklist
- Local Government Toolbox
- Organising an event
- Travelsmart your event
- Tourism Events Queensland
- Liquor Licensing Event Management Templates
- Volunteering Sunshine Coast
- First Aid - St Johns QLD
- QLD Police Service
- QLD Ambulance Service
- QLD Fire and Rescue
- SES QLD