- Last updated:
- 19 Oct 2017
Outstanding achievement by an individual, group or partnership that has achieved outstanding Environment and Sustainability outcomes for the Sunshine Coast community.
Assessment criteria - Demonstrated achievement in one or more of the following:
- Sustainability Innovation - Recognises the outcomes of innovative principles and actions associated with developing sustainable communities
- Environmental Protection and Enhancement - Recognises outcomes that aid in protection of the natural environment focusing on the conservation and rehabilitation of native flora and fauna
- Culture and Landscape - Recognises outcomes which proudly preserve and value cultural history and the Sunshine Coast's natural character and amenity
- Youth Engagement - Recognises positive environmental programs/events which encourage and promote youth initiatives and environmental education and/or achievement.
- Community Action & Partnerships - Recognises highly collaborative outcomes that have resulted in increasing neighbourhood enrichment, including; community beautification, health and wellbeing, community pride, social connectivity and improved environmental and economic outcomes.
- Energy Innovation - Recognises sustainable energy management which focuses on innovative energy efficiency measures, the adoption of renewable technologies and clean energy generation.
- Resource Recovery & Waste Management - Recognises achievement in resource recovery and waste management including initiatives which conserve resources, recover and reuse materials, create new product/markets, and assist in litter prevention.
- Water Conservation and Quality - Recognises outcomes that achieve sustainable water management through innovative water conservation, water re-use initiatives and practices that improve water quality
All nominees must be residents of the Sunshine Coast Council local government area.
When making a submission, please refer to the entry rules.