- Last updated:
- 25 Oct 2016
Caloundra is an attractive seaside destination, providing a range of business, tourism and employment activities. However, it faces a number of challenges including competition from both existing and proposed centres and a limited economic base.
Previous plans and studies have identified the Caloundra CBD Project as a priority.
The draft Caloundra Centre Master Plan is based on a strong vision for Caloundra’s future. The draft Master Plan proposes a range of strategies and actions to create an active, smart and vibrant community.
You can view the draft Master Plan and have your say online.
The comment period is from Tuesday 13 September to Friday 7 October 2016.
The draft Caloundra Centre Master Plan is an imaginative plan to achieve greater activation, participation, connection and vibrancy in the heart of Caloundra. The vision incorporates ideals and aspirations identified during previous consultations and studies and more recent investigations. The draft Master Plan includes the following proposals:
- New open air town square for arts and cultural events and activities
- New and renewed community facilities
- New transformative development sites and new approaches to built form and building heights to boost the Caloundra Centre residential and tourist population and to stimulate business and employment opportunities
- New road entries, bikeways and pedestrian paths and public transport initiatives to improve access and to link central areas of the city heart
- New mix of residential development, sports-related accommodation and allied health facilities
- New look urban design to built form and landscaping to achieve a distinctively Caloundra identity.
Where to from here
Feedback received during the community consultation period will inform the final Master Plan which will be presented to council for adoption.