- Last updated:
- 15 Feb 2019
The precinct plan will inform future precinct improvements and identify interpretive elements that remember the SS Dicky wreck.
Council received feedback from the Dicky Beach community to gain a better understanding of their values, needs and hopes for the future of this area. The feedback was used to help council develop a plan for the Dicky Beach Precinct.
The key project outcomes are to:
- reflect the community’s vision, priorities and hopes for the future of Dicky Beach
- develop the precinct’s identity that draws on the significance of the SS Dicky wreck
- create a safe and usable precinct area that is high quality, comfortable, accessible and inviting
- improve the open space, recreation and play, social gatherings and arrival experience
- make it easier for people to walk to and through the precinct by providing better pathways and clear signage.
Council invited the community to provide feedback on the draft precinct plan in July/August 2016.
Community feedback received during this engagement phase helped council finalise the Dicky Beach Precinct Plan.
Where to from here
The final precinct plan was considered by council and endorsed in November 2016.
The 2016/17 funding allocation will be used for detailed design and construction documentation. This will enable council to seek grant funding from various sources and deliver the plan in consolidated stages and condensed timeframes.
For more information, please contact council's Project Officer on (07) 5475 7272.