- Last updated:
- 28 Nov 2016
Council is upgrading the existing play equipment at Moffat Beach Park in Seaview Terrace, Moffat Beach. It is unsafe to continue maintaining the current equipment, which has deteriorated due to age. The footings of the playground have also deteriorated.
The popular playground will be replacement with timber play elements to maintain the much-loved character this provides.
Residents were invited to provide feedback on the final concept plans:
Community consultation closed at 5.00pm 28 June 2016.
The final design will reflect the community’s overall opinion on the upgrade.
Where to from here
After collating all community feedback council will refine the concept plans if required. Construction is expected to commence late 2016.
Council understands the importance of this park, the playground and the nearby tree to the community. The renewal of this playground will maintain the local character and identity of the park. Council will also ensure:
- construction is done in a way that protects the iconic fig tree, which is sensitive to disruption due to its age
- the views from nearby cafes and other commercial and residential properties are not interrupted
- the open park space is maintained
- natural shade is provided over the playground (a shade structure will not be installed)
- there is a range of play activities for both pre-school and primary level children.
Council has recently done initial consultation with Caloundra Primary School students specific to their preferred play elements.
For more information, please contact council on (07) 5475 7272.