- Last updated:
- 14 Sep 2016
Council conducts many forms of community engagement. Engaging with the community creates important opportunities for dialogue. Council's community engagement activities can:
- provide information and updates about council planning and projects
- help to inform policies, strategies and programs.
Community engagement allows council to understand community views. This helps to:
- identify shared issues and opportunities
- assist with decision making
- create partnerships.
Community engagement process
Council's community engagement program gives you the opportunity to have your say and stay informed on a range of council activities.
Through the engagement process, you can:
- have your say on all current community engagement opportunities
- stay informed on a range of past engagement activities
- follow the progress of a range of council projects
- follow the decisions council makes via its meeting minutes.
Council aims to observe best practice in performing community engagement. A number of strategic documents are used to guide this. You can find detailed information on the community engagement program in council's:
For more information contact council's Coordinator Community Planning and Strategy via council's customer service centre.