- Last updated:
- 11 Apr 2017
Council supports developing young people within the Sunshine Coast community.
Council is committed to helping young people achieve their full potential by:
- planning for their future
- providing a range of programs to support young people’s input in the community.
Youth engagement opportunities
Applications for council’s Youth Engagement Program, Speak Up Engage are now closed.
If you are aged between 12 and 24 years and live on the Sunshine Coast, you are invited to have your say and help create a new Youth Action Plan.
For more information contact council’s Development Officer on (07) 5441 8186 or email YOUTH@sunshinecoast.qld.gov.au.
Kids in Action
The Kids in Action program promotes Kids Teaching Kids as a way to help change the way people see and use the natural environment.
Sunshine Coast Libraries
Sunshine Coast libraries is committed to building programs that help young adults to be:
Youth sector support
Youth Connect network meetings
Council manages Youth Connect (regular meetings between youth service providers). These networking meetings provide a forum for the youth sector to:
- share information on youth programs, projects or services
- discuss partnership options and youth service needs.
Youth Connect meeting minutes
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - January 2017
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - November 2016
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - August 2016
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - May 2016
- Youth Connect meeting minutes - January 2016
For more information, contact council on (07) 5475 7272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Council also includes activities and programs for young people in many of its other services:
- What's on calendar
- Facilities and Recreation Directory (includes information on beaches, parks and skate parks)
- Young People of the Sunshine Coast Foundation Paper (The paper provides a profile of young people in the region, including their needs, issues and concerns)