- Last updated:
- 04 Sep 2016
Enhancing activities, projects or events
Community groups planning projects, activities or events in 2017 are invited to acknowledge the 50th Anniversary of the naming of the Sunshine Coast.
Grants of up to $2,000 are available to assist community with costs associated with the delivery of events and activities which commemorate the Sunshine Coast during the 50th anniversary year of the naming of the Sunshine Coast. This funding may be in addition to council funding provided for other elements of activities, projects or events.
Council will provide additional support to successful applicants in a range of ways which include:
- provision of 50th Anniversary logo and signage
- inclusion in 50th Anniversary of the Naming of the Sunshine Coast program
- access to marketing and promotional opportunities.
To be eligible for funding, activities, projects or events must:
- include commemorative elements for the 50th Anniversary of the naming of the Sunshine Coast
- celebrate and contribute to the Sunshine Coast lifestyle, environment and culture
- reach out and engage the community
- raise awareness of the Sunshine Coast identity
- contribute to a sense of belonging
- be well planned with demonstrated capacity to be completed within the 2017 calendar year
- have a balanced, realistic and complete budget.
|Round||Applications open||Applications close||Application forms|
|1||5 September 2016||31 October 2016||Apply online|
|2||6 March 2017||19 May 2017||Opening 6 March 2016
Application must be submitted online by 12.00 midnight on the closing date.
Community groups are encouraged to contact council's grants team for assistance in identifying how their activity, project or event could be enhanced to become associated with the 50th anniversary naming of the Sunshine Coast.
The 50th Anniversary of the Naming of the Sunshine Coast Organising Committee, made up of delegates representing council and external organisations, assesses applications and determines outcomes.