- Last updated:
- 30 Jul 2017
Specific 50th Anniversary activities, projects or events
Community groups are invited to acknowledge the 50th Anniversary of the naming of the Sunshine Coast by staging new activities, projects or events that primarily celebrate and commemorate the 50th anniversary of the naming of the Sunshine Coast.
Grants of up to $20,000 are available to assist with costs of events, projects or activities that are scheduled to occur and be completed between 1 August 2017 and 31 December 2017 and which have the potential to become ongoing, legacy activities, projects or events.
It is expected that these activities, projects or events will assist Council to promote and market the Sunshine Coast across Australia and lead to an increase in people visiting and staying in the region.
Council will provide additional support to successful applicants in a range of ways, which include:
- provision of the 50th Anniversary logo and signage
- inclusion in 50th Anniversary of the Naming of the Sunshine Coast program
- marketing and promotional opportunities
- access to advice and planning to ensure funded activities, projects or events contribute to the range and spread of 50th Anniversary commemorative activities and events and avoid duplication.
To be eligible for funding, activities, projects or events must:
- commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the naming of the Sunshine Coast
- celebrate and contribute to the Sunshine Coast lifestyle, environment and culture
- raise awareness of the Sunshine Coast identity
- contribute to a sense of belonging
- provide lasting benefit to the Sunshine Coast
- provide evidence of consultation and community partnerships
- be well planned with demonstrated capacity to be delivered between 1 August and 31 December 2017
- have a balanced, realistic and complete budget
- assist to promote and market the Sunshine Coast across Australia
- contribute to the range and spread of 50th Anniversary commemorative activities and events.
Application process and forms
The 50th Anniversary Fund Category B application is a three stage process:
- Expression of Interest (EOI) – applicants must submit an EOI by 12.00 midnight on 31 October 2016.
- You may be invited to meet to further discuss your event, project or activity and potential contribution to the yearlong program to assess your EOI.
- Approved EOI’s will be invited to complete an online application.
|EOI open||EOI close||EOI form|
|5 September 2016||31 October 2016||Closed|
Assessment is a three stage process:
- Council officers review each EOI and application for eligibility and alignment with program criteria.
- The 50th Anniversary of the Naming of the Sunshine Coast Organising Committee, made up of delegates representing council and external organisations, assesses EOIs and recommends outcomes.
- Committee recommendations of the applications are reported to council for endorsement.