- Last updated:
- 02 May 2017
Applications can be submitted at any time. Activities may start as soon as the application has been submitted.
Note: Funding is very competitive. Council cannot guarantee the success of applications.
Applications close at midnight on the last day of:
To allow assessment to take place, applications re-open the following business day. Outcomes are announced the following month.
Individuals are eligible to apply for Individual Development Grant funding.
Who can apply for Individual Development Grants?
Individuals seeking funding must:
- be selected by a recognised governing body (or equivalent) to attend. You must provide a letter of selection.
- have been a permanent resident in the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area for the past 12 months
- submit the application prior to the event
- be representing the region by performing, competing or presenting at national or international competitions, conferences or events
- have met acquittal conditions for previous council grants and have no debt to council.
In addition to the above, applications for sporting events must be competing in:
- Official national or international championships, recognised as a National Sporting Organisation (NSO) that is endorsed by the Australian Sports Commission.
- A selected official Queensland or Australian team, endorsed by the relevant National Sporting Organisation (NSO).
For a list of national sporting organisations recognised by the Australian Sports Commission, visit the Australian Sports Commission website.
Items eligible for funding
Funding is for expenses to attend an activity, including:
- entry fee
You must keep a record of expenditure to acquit your project.
Low priority is given to applicants who have been funded in the past 12 months.
Individual Development Grant applications are completed online.
|Grant type||Application form|
Individual Development Grant
Council offers plenty of support to applicants.
Recipients of an Individual Development Grant are required to complete an online acquittal. For instructions on the online acquittal process and to access your online acquittal see acquittals.