- Last updated:
- 26 Sep 2017
Outcome: People and places are connected
Projects that support sustainable community and regional events and celebrations that reflect cultural values, diversity and the lifestyle of our communities.
To be eligible for funding in this category, events must be scheduled to take place after notification of funding outcomes. Applicants must discuss their project with a Grants Officer prior to submitting their application.
Applicants must address one or more of the following priorities:
- Supporting and building capacity of local event management talent and suppliers.
- Contribute to local economy by planning events which attract a broad range of patrons and participants.
- Demonstrate sound event management principles and planning.
- Promoting a vibrant, diverse and fun place to live and visit.
- Contribute to building strong communities: inclusive, connected, engaged, healthy and active.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the development of local creative skills and cultural pursuits.
- Increase access and engagement with cultural heritage, including Aboriginal culture.
- Demonstrate a commitment to sound environmental practices and the promotion and protection of our natural environment.
- Celebrate and contribute to our lifestyle, environment and culture.
The following are not eligible:
- school and church fetes
- celebration or competition activities and events where attendance is limited to individual organisations or their members
- judging or adjudication fees
- purchase of catering, hospitality, food and beverages
- purchase of merchandise, trophies and prizes.
- To be eligible for funding in this category, events must be scheduled to take place after notification of funding outcomes.
- If your project involves hosting or facilitating workshops please apply under the category your project is aligned to.
Applying for funding for Christmas Events
In 2017, council is sponsoring five major community Christmas carol events across the Sunshine Coast region.
Saturday 9 December
- Carols at Cotton Tree - Cotton Tree Park
- Nambour Community Carols - Nambour Showgrounds
Saturday 16 December
- Carols at Kings Beach - Kings Beach Amphitheatre
- Coolum Christmas in the Park - Tickle Park
- Glasshouse Community Carols - Turner Park, Beerwah
For other local Christmas events being held in the same suburb or within the catchment area (7.5km radius) of the five sponsored events, please be aware that your application will be shortlisted as low priority and that funding will be conditional on local events not being held on the same dates as the sponsored events.
If you have any queries please contact council’s Civic and Community Events Team on (07) 5475 7272 to discuss.
Some relevant corporate documents include:
- Events Policy
- Community Events and Celebrations Strategy (currently under review)
- Regional Economic Development Strategy