- Last updated:
- 17 Aug 2017
Supporting facilities that help build strong communities. This category supports facilities that contribute to the development of one or more of the following:
- engaged, resilient and inclusive communities that embrace diversity.
- a creative and artistic region.
- healthy communities and active lifestyles.
Community Partnership Funding Program - Community Facilities Category specific criteria
Applications must meet all of the following:
- provide safe facilities which offer community meeting spaces and/or enable opportunities to participate in sport, recreation or social activities
- demonstrate a significant level of engagement, participation and use by the local community
- ensure hours of community access meet community need
- have formal tenure on council or Crown Land or own the facility freehold
- have primary responsibility for maintaining the facility on a regular basis for all or a specified part of the year
- have a current maintenance schedule in place.
Types of facilities funded in this category include:
- community halls
- facilities for cultural activities
- sport and recreation facilities.
Funding is available to support costs associated with operating a community facility:
- Utility expenses
- Ongoing maintenance
- Administration costs*
*Applicants requesting funding for items other than those listed above, for example, wages, must discuss their proposal with a category representative before submitting an application. Contact a council Grants Officer for details.