- Last updated:
- 17 May 2017
This category is aimed at ensuring a significant level of community safety, including disaster management.
Community Partnership Funding Program - Community Safety Category specific criteria (address one or more):
- provide services that ensure the safety and well being of residents and visitors, in line with council priorities
- provide significant community outcomes in the event of, or in the planning for, a disaster, aligned to council’s Disaster Management Plan
- provide air and sea services to the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area in order to increase the overall safety of residents and visitors
- play a significant role in the welfare, re-homing and general care of abandoned domestic animals, both in general circumstances and in the event of a disaster; form a vital part of the community fabric in dealing with emotional issues when family pets are lost or displaced.
Types of service
Types of services funded in this category include:
- outreach public safety services
- coast guards
- helicopter rescue
- animal welfare and re-homing.
Note: State managed / coordinated bodies and groups that are core funded by the state are not eligible for funding in this category.
All applicants must discuss their proposal with a council category representative before submitting an application. Contact a council Grants Officer for details.