- Last updated:
- 18 Feb 2016
This category is funded by council's Heritage Levy. This category aims to support community organisations whose prime purpose is to ensure the conservation, access and promotion of regionally significant cultural heritage items, collections, places and events.
This category supports services and facilities that contribute to the development of one or more of the following:
- increased awareness of our local heritage
- increased accessibility to our cultural heritage
- the heritage of our communities is conserved and protected.
Community Partnership Funding Program - Cultural Heritage Category specific criteria (address one or more):
Organisations engaging in activities that:
- identify, record and protect the region's cultural heritage, including Aboriginal heritage
- conserve items, collections, places and events of significance through conservation, rehabilitation, restoration, and maintenance
- document and promote those items, collections, places and events that define the stories, history and values of the communities of the region
- establish partnerships that have the capacity to enhance the conservation of heritage items, collections, places and events.
Types of organisations and services funded in this category include:
- Other organisations with a significant local heritage focus.
All applicants must discuss their proposal with a council category representative before submitting an application. Contact a council Grants Officer for details.