- Last updated:
- 17 Feb 2017
This category aims to contribute to the economic outcomes outlined in the Regional Economic Development Strategy 2013-2033. In particular, partnerships with the greatest potential for successful growth of the economy aligned to:
- investment growth in one of the seven high value industries
- new capital investment in the region
- export of goods and/or services to domestic or global markets
- growth in talent and skills of the regional workforce.
Community Partnership Funding Program - Economic Development Category specific criteria (address one or more):
- facilitate the development of the region’s high value industries: Health and well-being; Education and research; Tourism, sport and leisure; Knowledge industries and professional services; Agribusiness; Aviation and aerospace and Clean Technologies
- secure new capital investment in the region’s infrastructure priorities
- position the region in key export markets and develop export- ready businesses
- attract and retain skilled workforce and develop the regional education and training.
Types of organisations
Types of organisations funded in this category include:
- Industry development organisations
- Business, Trade and Retail Precinct groups
- Chambers of Commerce
- Community run Visitor Information Centres
All applicants must discuss their proposal with a council category representative before submitting an application. Contact a council Grants Officer for details.