- Last updated:
- 17 May 2017
The Mayoral and Councillor Discretionary Funding Program:
- allows funds to be allocated at the discretion of the councillor
- is available to not-for-profit community organisations for community purposes
- is open all year – applications can be lodged at any time
- depends on budget availability.
- choose to opt in or out of this program
- allocate up to $100,000 to the program.
A list of councillors who are participating can be found in the Availability Notice.
Applicants should read the funding program guidelines before applying:
- Mayoral and Councillor Discretionary Funding Program Guidelines. The guidelines should be read with the Mayoral and Councillor Discretionary Funding Policy.
Who can apply
Community organisations are eligible if they meet all of the following criteria:
- They operate within the Sunshine Coast Local Government Area or can show that their project will benefit residents of the area.
- They have appropriate insurance and adhere to sound Workplace Health and Safety practices.
- They can show viability.
- They have acquitted previous council grants and have no debt to council (or are paying off an agreed debt plan).
Who cannot apply
- Government agencies or departments of local, state or federal government
- Educational, religious or medical organisations, where the application is for the organisation’s core business
- be submitted on the required application form
- be in the public interest
- be for an activity or program that has not already commenced
- align with the priorities of council’s Corporate Plan
- adhere to the specific terms and conditions of this funding program.