- Last updated:
- 13 Sep 2017
Flexilink is a pre-booked scheduled service that provides links with existing public transport services. Flexilink operates in areas with limited public transport.
Service details, timetables and route maps
What are Flexilink services?
Flexilink provides cheap, safe, reliable and accessible public transport to people with fewer transport options. The services:
- operate on a pre-booked basis
- run three return trips per day, Monday to Saturday
- in most cases, connect with existing public transport services for onward journeys
- travel along a chosen route (people using the Flexilink service must meet the vehicle along this route)
- use a taxi in place of a bus.
The Flexilink trial services are funded by council's Transport Levy.
The services reduce the need for single passenger car use. More public transport options available on the Sunshine Coast mean less people need to use their cars. This helps council work towards a sustainable environment.
How to book
- To book a Flexilink service phone 1300 511 163 and mention that you wish to book a Flexilink service.
- You must book your seat two hours ahead of departure or by 9pm the previous evening for the first morning service.
- If there are no bookings a vehicle will not be sent.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, advise the operator when you book.
- Adult $2.00 per single trip.
- Child or concession $1.00 per single trip.
The following transport cards are not valid on the Flexilink Sunshine Coast services:
- School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS)
- TransLink go cards.
To book a Flexilink service call 1300 511 163.
If you would like to provide feedback on any of the Flexilink services, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone council on (07) 5475 7272.