- Last updated:
- 14 Jan 2019
Flexilink trial services are pre-booked scheduled transport services that operate in areas with limited public transport.
Service details, timetables and route maps
- Conondale to Maleny via Witta - effective to 31 January 2019
- Conondale to Maleny via Witta - effective 1 February 2019
- Peachester to Beerwah
Conondale to Maleny (via Witta) Flexilink Service
Following a review of the schedule for the Conondale to Maleny Flexilink Service, a new timetable starts on 1 February 2019.
Monday to Friday evening service (to provide a connection with the late bus service from Landsborough):
- Departs Conondale 7.00pm (was 6.55pm), arriving Maleny 7.30pm (was 7.25pm)
- Departs Maleny 7.30pm (was 6.25pm) arriving Conondale 8.00pm (was 6.55pm)
Saturday and public holiday morning service:
- Departs Conondale at 9.00am (was 9.35am)
- Departs Maleny 9.30am (was 10.10am)
Saturday and public holiday mid-day service:
- Departs Maleny 12.25pm (was 11.55am)
- Departs Conondale at 12.55pm (was 12.25pm)
Peachester to Beerwah Flexilink Service
Residents were invited to provide feedback on the service between Beerwah and Peachester in January 2018. Submissions have now closed.
Based on the community response and the current passenger numbers, the existing route and schedule for this trial service will be retained.
What are Flexilink trial services?
Flexilink services provide affordable, reliable and accessible public transport to people with fewer transport options. The services:
- operate on a pre-booked basis
- run three return trips per day, Monday to Saturday
- in most cases, connect with existing public transport services for onward journeys
- travel along a chosen route (people using the Flexilink service must meet the vehicle along this route)
- use a taxi in place of a bus.
Flexilink services are funded by council's Transport Levy on a trial basis to determine the demand for bus services in areas with limited public transport. They are not proposed as a long-term or permanent public transport solution.
The services reduce the need for single passenger car use. More public transport options available on the Sunshine Coast mean less people need to use their cars. This helps council work towards a sustainable environment.
How to book
- To book a Flexilink service phone 1300 511 163 and mention that you wish to book a Flexilink service.
- You must book your seat two hours ahead of departure or by 9pm the previous evening for the first morning service.
- If there are no bookings a vehicle will not be sent.
- If you require a wheelchair accessible vehicle, advise the operator when you book.
- Adult $2.00 per single trip.
- Child or concession $1.00 per single trip.
The following transport cards are not valid on the Flexilink Sunshine Coast services:
- School Transport Assistance Scheme (STAS)
- TransLink go cards.
To book a Flexilink service call 1300 511 163.
Discontinued Flexilink trial services
For information on discontinued Flexilink trial services visit Service improvements and trials.
If you would like to provide feedback on the Flexilink trial services, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone council on (07) 5475 7272.