- Last updated:
- 25 Jul 2017
Council coordinates a range of events across the Sunshine Coast, for which volunteers are required:
- SCENE - Sunshine Coast Events Network (workshops and networking evenings)
- Sunshine Coast Australia Day Awards
- New Year's Eve Mooloolaba
- Citizenship Ceremonies - bi-monthly.
Volunteering at events gives participants:
- an introduction into the events industry
- the opportunity to meet people
- the chance to gain on-the-ground experience.
Various locations across the Sunshine Coast
Council is looking for suitably skilled people to assist with:
- erecting and setting up signs
- artist and performer’s liaison / green room
- pre and post event set up and set down
- distributing programs
- information and registration booths
- conducting surveys
- registration at citizenship ceremonies.
Skills relevant to the elected volunteering activity.
How to apply
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age at the time of the event.
- Once you send through your expression of interest, council will add you to its volunteer database.
- A member of staff will contact you when there is a need for event volunteers.
- You will also receive a quarterly newsletter with upcoming opportunities and information.
For more information, contact Community Events on (07) 5420 8830.
Watch Michael O'Callaghan video highlights of Tramfest, a community event held quarterly in Nambour .