- Last updated:
- 09 May 2017
Council offers free mulch to Sunshine Coast residents. Residents can collect up to three cubic metres per day from selected council waste facilities - provided it is for a non-commercial purpose.
Note: For a limited time, mulch is free for all customers, domestic and commercial at Buderim, Caloundra and Nambour resource recovery centres only. Refer to the table below to check if stock is available.
Larger amounts of mulch and crushed concrete are available for purchase from council's waste facilities.
The table below provides information about the availability of mulch and crushed concrete at council's waste facilities. The table is updated weekly. All reasonable effort is taken to ensure its accuracy. However, from time to time product availability may change at short notice due to large volume sales.
Mulch and concrete products are produced from incoming waste – garden waste and concrete and masonry wastes. Council crushes and grinds these wastes with the goal to recycle the materials and avoid disposal to landfill. Customers are welcome to visit the site to inspect and check if these recycled materials meet your expectations and suit your purpose.
- Mulch free – loads up to and including 3 cubic metres per transaction to a maximum of 3 cubic metres per day. This is available to all domestic residents (non-commercial) customers without charge if self-loaded or loaded free if machine is available. Subject to product availability.
- Free mulch at Nambour, Buderim and Caloundra waste facilities for all customers for a limited time. No charge applies for residents or commercial customers. No maximum quantity limit. Both standard coarse mulch and fine mulch will be offered free when stock is available. Refer to the table below to check mulch availability at these waste facilities.
- Mulch - loaded $9.00 per cubic metre.
- Mulch - more than 100 cubic metres
- < 100 cubic metre - $9.00 per cubic metre
- 101 > to 1000 cubic metre - $6.00 per cubic metre
- 1001 > cubic metre - $4.00 per cubic metre - for availability contact council's customer service centre.
- Concrete - 20mm minus - minimum 0.5 cubic metre -
$20.00 per cubic metreReduced! Now $10.00 per cubic metre loaded.
- Concrete - 50mm-20mm - minimum 0.5 cubic metre -
$23.00 per cubic metre. Reduced! Now $10.00 per cubic metre loaded.
- Concrete - 75mm-40mm - minimum 0.5 cubic metre -
$20.00 per cubic metre, Reduced! Now $10.00 per cubic metre loaded.
|Beerwah||Available||Not sold here|
|Kenilworth||Not sold here||Not sold here|
|Mapleton||Not currently available||Not sold here|
Nambour (Cooney Road)
|Not currently available||Not sold here|
|Witta||Not currently available||Not sold here|
|Yandina||Not sold here||Not sold here|
* Note: This is standard coarse mulch. Fine mulch may be available at Caloundra and/or Buderim if stated so in the table above.