- Last updated:
- 19 May 2017
Council recognises the importance of memorials in celebrating the region’s:
Council assesses requests based on specific significance to the community where the memorial is proposed to be located. This helps council to manage the high number of requests received each year.
Council is committed to:
- enhancing an appreciation of the region's history and culture
- honouring people and who have contributed significantly to the community
- honouring significant events and places
- managing requests and offers of gifts for memorials
- ensuring memorials are well maintained
- fostering partnerships in the community to ensure respect for memorials.
To meets these aims, council has developed the Memorials and Plaques Policy.
To apply for a memorial or plaque, read council's:
- Memorials and Plaques Fact Sheet [819KB]
- Memorials and Plaques Policy
- Memorials and Plaques Guidelines [649KB].
All applicants must submit an application form:
All applicants are required to pay the application fee at the time of lodgement. The current fee for assessment of an application is $162.00.
Applications are assessed on the:
- application meeting all the policy requirements
- suitability and availability of the proposed location
- demonstrated significance of the memorial to that location.
Submit completed applications via:
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to:
Memorials and Plaques Application
Attention: Community Response
Sunshine Coast Council
Locked Bag 72
Sunshine Coast Mail Centre Qld 4560
- or deliver in person to any of council's customer service centres or council's Cemetery main office located at 31-89 Ackerman Road, Kulangoor.
For more information, contact Cemetery Services on 5459 2300.