- Last updated:
- 06 Jul 2016
Naming of parks, places and community infrastructure
Sunshine Coast Council is the custodian of an expanding collection of parks and other infrastructure that, in many cases, is named in dedication to significant individuals, families, associations, historical objects or events.
Search the directory
Find out how the name of parks, places or community infrastructure came about by searching in the Names Origin Directory.
- Please note that the inclusion of a park name in this directory does not imply official endorsement of the name by Sunshine Coast Council or any other authority.
If you have any information regarding the naming of a park, place or community infrastructure that is not captured in the Names Origin Directory, please email the Community Connections Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The community may initiate the naming of previously unnamed parks, places and community infrastructure.
To submit a naming proposal:
- read the Naming of Parks, Places, Community Infrastructure, Roads and Street Numbering Policy to ensure your proposal will meet the criteria
- contact the Community Connections Team to discuss your proposal on (07) 5420 8616 or email email@example.com
- complete a naming proposal form.
Naming Proposals will be assessed under the Policy.
Note: If a personal name is proposed, the person being commemorated should:
- have contributed significantly to the development of the immediate locality or greater region
- have demonstrated outstanding levels of civic service
- have achieved role-model status in the wider community or have donated property or funds for community benefit
- be recognised in memoriam.