- Thursday 16 June 2016
A $650,000 commitment to improving the safety and functionality of the Eumundi Markets terraces and a $900,000 allocation to progress the Nambour Heritage Tramway are just some of the Division 10 projects to be delivered in Sunshine Coast Council’s $253 million capital works budget.
Division 10 Councillor Greg Rogerson said the 2016/17 budget included a mix of projects to shape a positive future and build Australia’s Smart Region.
“Council is investing in a wide range of projects which will deliver great benefits to residents in Division 10,” Cr Rogerson said.
“There will be more major improvements to Nambour Showgrounds through a $384,500 commitment to the Showgrounds Masterplan.
“I’m also very pleased to announce $900,000 towards transport infrastructure in Howard Street to facilitate the Nambour Heritage Tram as part of a two year $1.4 million contribution.
“The outstanding winning design for an iconic toilet block in Kenilworth’s Isaac Moore Park will be constructed and the extremely popular and successful Nambour Youth Activity Precinct will be greatly enhanced via a $250,000 commitment towards the construction.
“Major improvements to the Eumundi Markets Terraces site, with a $650,000 part-funding contribution from council, will support some of our most popular local events and help us attract even more visitors to this outstanding tourist attraction.
“The Petrie Park and Wagner Rd bridges will both undergo major renewals and $800,000 will be comitted to the continuation of Yandina’s town centre streetscaping, including landscaping, pathway construction, resurfacing of car parks and kerb replacement to improve drainage.”
Division 10 budget highlights include:
- $900,000 to construct public transport infrastructure for the Nambour Heritage Tram at Howard Street, Nambour
- $800,000 for landscape works at Farrell St, Yandina
- $650,000 for safety works at the Eumundi Market Terraces
- $650,000 to renew the Petrie Park Rd bridge, Nambour
- $522,000 to renew the Wegner Rd bridge, North Arm
- $384,500 to implement the Nambour Showgrounds Masterplan
- $200,000 to construct the toilet block at Issac Moore Park, Kenilworth
- $100,000 to renew the Eumundi Skate Park
- $72,000 to implement stage 2 of the Mount Ninderry walk trail.