- Thursday 16 June 2016
A $5 million commitment to upgrade a major traffic corridor in Maroochydore, a $1.9 million expansion and refurbishment of the Mudjimba Holiday Park and $675,000 of upgrades and renewals to popular parks and outdoor facilities are among the many projects to be delivered in Division 8 as part of Sunshine Coast Council’s $253 million capital works budget.
Division 8 Councillor Jason O’Pray said the 2016/17 budget included a mix of projects to shape a positive future and build Australia’s Smart Region.
“I’m extremely excited to deliver significant improvements to the highly popular Mudjimba Holiday Park which is a major drawcard for tourists to our region,” Cr O’Pray said.
“I’m very confident that council’s significant investment in this facility will yield major benefits for the local community by making it even more appealing to visitors and holiday makers.
“The Evans St, Maroochydore upgrade will undergo a further $5 million of works as part of a $7.3 million commitment to improving transport infrastructure across Division 8.
“A major two-lane boat ramp is under construction at the end of Nojoor Rd, Mudjimba which will include a two-lane ramp with floating walkway, a new bitumen car park with 54 spaces and connecting pathways.
Division 8 budget highlights include:
- $5 million to upgrade Evans St, Maroochydore
- $1.9 million to expand and refurbish Mudjimba Holiday Park
- $691,500 to expand the Maroochydore Cycleway between Aerodrome Rd and Sixth Ave, Maroochydore
- $550,000 to upgrade the Nojoor Rd Boat Ramp
- $450,000 to install kerb and channel in Pandanus St Rd, Mudjimba
- $400,000 to upgrade the Nojoor Rd car park
- $400,000 to undertake streetscape enhancement in Timari Street, Pacific Paradise.
- $200,000 to renew the Chambers Island bridge