- Monday 01 January 0001
I attended council’s launch of the draft Caloundra Centre Master Plan last week. The draft master plan proposes a range of bold and far reaching economic, social and urban design initiatives. It aims at achieving greater activation, connection and vibrancy for the centre of Caloundra. I know many Division 1 residents will want to see what is planned. I encourage you all to visit the project website ‘Have Your Say Sunshine Coast’ for a full copy of the draft plan and to provide your comments by Friday, October 7. It is also on display at various locations including the Beerwah Library.
Film captures Nambour’s heritage tramways rich history
Sunshine Coast Council’s Full Steam Ahead – Stories of Nambour-Mapleton Heritage Tramway DVD was officially launched last week. Council acknowledges the importance of preserving our region’s heritage, this was demonstrated when we introduced the Cultural Heritage Levy in 2009. The levy helps to preserve our cultural buildings and other significant sites and raises our awareness of the value of our local heritage.
I will be attending a special screening of the Nambour-Mapleton Heritage Tramway film at The Old Ambulance Station in Nambour on Wednesday, October 5 from 2.30pm. The film captures the rich history of this important icon and how it helped shape our region. If you would like to attend, please email email@example.com or phone 5420 8600 as space is limited. Copies of the Full Steam Ahead DVD can be purchased for just $5 each at Maroochydore, Nambour or Caloundra Library or council Customer Contact Centres.
Glass House Events!
Save the dates and spend some extra time in the Glass House country townships, from BBQ’s to Christmas carols.
- Landsborough Market – every Saturday from 8am-1pm at the Landsborough School of Arts Memorial Hall, 489 Old Landsborough Road, Landsborough.
- Glass House Mountains Community Barbecue – Friday, September 23 from 5pm – 8pm. Contact the Glass House Mountains Neighbourhood Centre on 5438 7000.
- Kids for Kids Market – Saturday, September 24 from 9am – 1pm at CWA Hall, Simpson Street, Beerwah. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- CWA Spring Fair – Saturday, November 5 from 10am – 3pm at the Beerwah Tower Green. Contact email@example.com
- Beerburrum Soldier Settlement Centenary Exhibition – Sunday, November 6 from 10am – 3pm at Beerburrum School of Arts Hall, Anzac Avenue, Beerburrum.
- Glass House Country Community Carols – Saturday, December 17 – join the large and friendly group at Beerwah Sportsground, Simpson Street, Beerwah. Pre-show entertainment from 4.30pm, stage production begins at 6.30pm.
A century of celebrations
I was delighted to attend the ‘Back to Glass House Day’ in honour of the Glass House Mountains Community Hall celebrating 100 years of service. The community hall committee were very pleased with the attendance and all funds raised will be of great benefit to the Hall’s future projects.
Come say helloI invite all interested residents to join me at my next ‘Meet and Greet’ session. I’ll be at the Bellvista Meeting Place, 18 Lomond Crescent, Caloundra West on Friday, October 14 from 11am – 1pm, if you would like to come along for a chat about local issues and council projects.