- Wednesday 26 June 2013
Design and implementation of the Nambour Skate Park $183,000 and road and transport infrastructure of $995,000 are just two of the items delivered out of Sunshine Coast Council’s $538 million budget for Division 10.
Division 10 Councillor Greg Rogerson said this budget is about balancing the books and the result is a careful and considered budget for the region.
“Council is investing in infrastructure for growth while reducing the debt and repaying loans,” Cr Rogerson said.
“I’m really pleased that a number of projects that I’ve been working hard to see implemented have been included in this budget and will be going ahead in the 2013/14 financial year.”
The budget for the future will deliver:
- Emergency filtration work at the Nambour Aquatic Centre $400,000
- Design and implementation at Nambour Showgrounds $200,000
- Car park work at the Yandina Sports Complex $370,000
- Streetscaping in Yandina $200,000
- Community engagement and concept design for Dick Caplick Park at Eumundi $115,000
- Renewal of pathways at Petrie Park in Nambour $65,000
- Quota Park in Nambour, staged implementation of draft Masterplan $240,000
To find out more about what’s planned for your community, visit Council's website.