- Friday 10 October 2014
Three million dollars in transportation works and $425,000 for the Mooloolaba Spit master plan are just two of the local items delivered out of Sunshine Coast Council’s $538 million budget for Division 4.
Division 4 Councillor Chris Thompson said council is focused on serving the community and creating a sustainable future for the region.
“This budget will continue to support our way of life by delivering important local projects through the $109 million capital works program,” Cr Thompson said.
A selection of these projects includes:
- Buhk Family Park, Alexandra Headland staged implementation of concept plan $405,000
- Repair flood damaged revetment walls at Goonawarra Drive, Mooloolaba $200,000
- Mooloolaba Parkyn Parade Holiday Park amenities upgrade and refurbishment $200,000
- Mooloolaba flood mitigation measures $168,000
- Mooloolaba Spit Fishermans Park staged implementation of landscape concept plan $150,000
- Flood improvements for Alexandra Headland $120,000
- Canoe transit steps at Parrearra Weir $30,000
“We have had to make the tough decisions to help create a sustainable future for the region and the organisation,” Cr Thompson said.
“We are getting the fundamentals right; reducing debt and increasing cash. Balancing the books allows us to repay our loans and invest in infrastructure for growth.”
To find out more about what’s planned for your community, visit the council's website.